Radio Facts: My mother has an amazing plethora of creative talents and I was fortunate enough to get all of them from her. She is an amassing artist and barber and she used to cut my brothers and my hair when we were kids to the amazement of the neighbors. I too can cut hair and my son refused to go the the barber because he knew I did a better job. His friends would often try to hire me but he was not having it. I was his barber and that was it (lol). When I first started in radio, I made a comfortable living cutting hair during the weekends. I have always said great barbers are artist because the same concepts apply, lines, precision, shading, perspective and balance. This is why I'm not surprised to see barbers combine both efforts into one. I love this work and it takes an incredibly gifted person to do it on hair because you can't erase your mistakes and start over (lol)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- When Keeping it Racist Goes Wrong and Gets You Almost Knocked Out