The music of Gary Clark Jr. will be featured front and center in a new commercial for Budweiser that will air during the Super Bowl LVI broadcast on Sunday, February 13th on NBC. Directed by Oscar-winning filmmaker Chloe Zhao and set to Clark’s version of the National Anthem and his original song, “Numb,” “A Clydesdale’s Journey” sees a Budweiser Clydesdale running across a high mountain plain as Gary’s haunting slide guitar sets the tone.
Created by VaynerMedia and directed by Zhao, the story’s narrative is one of resilience and support—the horse’s own determination and the bond it shares with a dog. Of the video Zhao says, “To tell a story of perseverance, hope and friendship through the lens of the beloved Clydesdales really resonated with me.”
Clark’s own lyrical messages of overcoming odds through strength and resilience provide a fitting soundtrack to this story that will be viewed by over 100 million sports fans on Super Bowl Sunday. A 30-second version of the commercial will be screened during the Super Bowl. Budweiser has also created a 60-second version which you can view and share HERE.
Gary Clark Jr. will appear on March 4th at the Okeechobee Music & Arts Festival in Okeechobee, FL.Click here for details. Additional dates to be confirmed soon. Clark is currently working on his follow up to 2019’s Grammy Award-winning album THIS LAND.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money