Digital and Radio Facts: Radio Facts: R&B Soul Singer Alice Tan Ridley who People Magazine named “America’s Got Talent Top Vocalist of 2010” is releasing her new single, a remake of “Try A Little Tenderness” available on iTunes, Google Play, Amazon and Spotify.
The single is the first release from Ridley’s much anticipated debut album “Never Lost My Way” which is a dream come true for the talented 63 year old singer who supported her family, including her daughter, Oscar nominated actress Gabourey Sidibe (“Precious”, “Empire”), for over 20 years with money she earned busking at New York City subway stations.
“Try a Little Tenderness” is a powerful, intimate song and Ridley’s equally powerful and bluesy voice with production by Jay Stolar and Jason Wexler adds a sultry new twist to the much loved classic. Ridley shares, “I am thrilled to release this very new and unique rendition of Otis Redding’s Try A Little Tenderness, one of my favorite songs of all times. You wouldn’t expect to hear those words with this arrangement!”.
Alice Tan Ridley was one of New York City’s best-kept secrets: a jewel kept hidden deep below the city in the subway platforms before an audition for America’s Got Talent where she boldly made herself known to the world with her phenomenal rendition of the Etta James classic, “At Last”, wowing the judges and blowing the audience away.
Although she didn’t win the competition, she won the hearts of America and garnering praise from TIME Magazine, The New York Post, Perez Hilton and Oprah Radio where Gayle King remarked, “Alice showed the country her vocal skills and boundless talent. She has enough talent to be an international sensation”.
The album which will be released on all digital platforms through Assouline Records is a labor of love and years of dedication that became a reality after being completely funded by her fans through a successful Kickstarter campaign.
Ridley is set to perform the new single at her album release party on Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 8pm at the Highline Ballroom in New York along with special guests. For general and VIP tickets to the show visit:
- The Black Effect Podcast Network Names Dollie S. Bishop President of Production and Creative Development
- Allison Seymour and Marc Clarke debut on .100 Hip Hop and RNB FM Monday, August 17th
- The 2020 iHeartRadio Music Festival Celebrated Its 10th Anniversary with Iconic Performances and Surprise Collaborations
- Musician Kashif Found Dead
- BURNA BOY OFFICIALLY RELEASES FIFTH STUDIO ALBUM, TWICE AS TALL
- ALL IN: THE FIGHT FOR DEMOCRACY Now Available on Prime Video and in Theaters
- ENTERCOM RELAUNCHES THE NEW STAR 94 IN ATLANTA
- Apple Music’s Rap Life Presents Exclusive Event Filmed at Howard University in Washington, DC
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- Today, I Walked into the First Amazon Fresh Store in the U.S., THIS is what I Saw