House, Executive Director of Scholarships and Financial Aid at Fayetteville
State University (FSU) and president of the North Carolina Association of
Student Financial Aid Administrators (NCASFAA), recently completed the
organization’s first virtual conference. The conference was hosted by FSU and
was such a success, attendees have requested to have at least one of their two annual
North Carolina Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NCASFAA)
provides training and professional development opportunities to the financial
aid community, advocates on behalf of financial aid professionals, and strives
to promote educational access and choice for students.
The three principles of NCASFAA are:
- To develop and strengthen the professional competency of student financial aid administrators employed by North Carolina postsecondary institutions, agencies, and private and community organizations.
- To promote the strengthening and enhancing of programs of student financial aid so the end that no qualified person desirous of a postsecondary education shall be denied that opportunity due to a lack of financial resources.
- To facilitate communication among educational institutions, agencies, and sponsors of student assistance funds, through the exchange of ideas, information, and the performance of such studies as may be appropriate.
began her career more than 30 years ago as a Federal Work Study student at Shaw
University in Raleigh. After graduating, she was hired as an
administrative assistant at Shaw focusing on the Free Application for Federal
Student Aid (FAFSA) process for the adult learner population. House
realized this was her calling and the desire for a more challenging
position. She was hired as a Financial Aid Counselor and later promoted
to Assistant Director of Financial Aid at Shaw University. To sharpen and
broaden her cope in the financial aid profession, her next professional
development was Scholarship Coordinator at North Carolina Central University
and later as an Assistant Director of Financial Aid at North Carolina State
House’s career took an unexpected turn when she was recruited to the position of Director of Financial Aid at Shaw University. That prepared her for her current role as Executive Director of Scholarships & Financial Aid at FSU, a position she has held for 13 years.
About Fayetteville State University
Fayetteville State University is a
constituent institution of The University of North Carolina System and the
second-oldest institution of higher education in the state, having been founded
in 1867. FSU is a historically black university offering degrees at the
baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral levels. With more than 6,700 students,
Fayetteville State University is among the most diverse institutions in the
nation. To learn more about Fayetteville State University, visit www.uncfsu.edu.
- Caught On Camera: Grandma Tricks Scammer Into Being Arrested
- Changes at Cumulus Beaumont
- Watch Man Prepare Beef Tongues for Dinner (video)
- Yikes! Is This Jasmine Guy?
- Cardi B On ‘WAP’, Megan Thee Stallion, Favorite Po*n, Onlyfans, Joe Biden & Women Rappers
- Industry Vet Larry Doc Elliott in Hospice Care
- Prince Exposes Madonna and Maroon 5
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- Cissy Houston Offended By Clive Davis Party Invite
- HOUSTON’S HOTTEST YUNG POODA & DJ CHOSE JOIN FORCES ON “FOREVER TIPPIN” NEW SINGLE + VISUAL OUT TODAY