Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and the unrivaled leader in sports radio, announced the addition of Damien Barling and Kenny Caraway to ESPN 1320 (KIFM-AM) in Sacramento. “D-Lo and KC” can be heard weekdays from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. PT on air and on RADIO.COM, effective immediately.
“Damien and Kenny are two incredibly talented, local personalities that bring passion, energy and enthusiasm to 1320,” said Stacey Kauffman, Senior Vice President and Market Manager, Entercom Sacramento. “Damien’s market experience coupled with Kenny’s passion for Northern California sports make this a winning combination. I couldn’t be more excited to see what they’re able to accomplish right out of the gate on air and on our digital platforms.”
“I couldn’t be more excited to work with Danny [Freisinger, Brand Manager, ESPN 1320], Kenny, and everyone at Entercom Sacramento to solidify ESPN 1320 as the premier destination for live and local sports content in Sacramento,” said Barling. “Through our show and digital content, we’ll be the most interactive and accessible Radio Station in the market.”
Barling launched his radio career in 2001 with an internship at sister Radio Station 102.5 KSFM (KSFM-FM). His sports talk show, “The Lo-Down” launched in April of 2016. In addition to broadcasting, Barling is one of the founders of Be Heard, a podcast platform focusing on Black and female content creators launched to give underutilized voices an outlet to showcase their storytelling skills and share their opinions in front of a digital audience eager to support local personalities.
“The opportunity to work with someone as talented and respected as Damien, especially in my hometown of Sacramento, has me over the moon right,” said Caraway. “I can’t wait to bring energy to 1320 and to cover local sports for a passionate sports fanbase.”
Caraway is a native of Sacramento, where he was a standout basketball player for both C.K. McClatchy High School and Cosumnes River College. Caraway is a seasoned content creator who has held roles across multiple mediums, including podcasting, sports radio host, podcast and radio producer as well as co-host for The Athletic’s Sacramento Kings podcast Throne Room Breakdown.
Listeners can tune in ESPN 1320 (KIFM-AM) in Sacramento, as well as nationwide on the RADIO.COM app and website. Fans can also connect with the Radio Station on social media via Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Atlanta Pastor Stabbed To Death By A Man She Was Mentoring
- Christian Cooper, Black Man Harassed in Central Park for Birdwatching, Gets New TV Show
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Top 10 BEST Black Male Groups From the 90s