Radio Facts: Terre Haute”¦.Emmis-Terre Haute has signed an agreement to acquire WSDM-FM and WSDX-AM from Crossroads Investments LLC. The parties also signed a Local Programming and Marketing Agreement (LMA) that will permit Emmis-Terre Haute to program and sell advertising on the stations beginning September 1, 2012.
“We are excited to add the ESPN brand to the Emmis-Terre Haute cluster of stations which include WWVR-FM Classic Rock 105.5 The River and HI-99/WTHI-FM The Wabash Valley’s Country Station,” said James Conner, Emmis Vice President/Terre Haute General Manager. “We will continue to serve the listeners of Terre Haute, Brazil and the surrounding communities with quality programming and our continued commitment to community service.”
Additionally, after months of planning and building, Emmis-Terre Haute has moved into a new facility at 925 Wabash Avenue. WTHI Radio had been housed at 918 Ohio Street since 1954.
Emmis-Terre Haute’s WTHI-FM (HI-99) was the highest rated radio station in the United States in 2011, according to BIA.
The closing of the purchase is subject to several conditions, including approval from the Federal Communications Commission, which is anticipated to take 45-60 days. After the close of the transaction, Emmis will own 21 radio stations in six U.S. markets.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- Black Tony Scammed People Out Of Rickey Smiley Cruise Tickets! [WATCH]
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- The 10 Best UNSUNG Episodes So Far…
- HBCU Movement Gaining Momentum with Black Athletes