Cheadle played Miles Davis and made his feature directorial debut from a script co-written with Steven Baigelman.
BiFrost principal Daniel Wagner is financing and will produce the project along with Robert Ogden Barnum, Cheadle and Lenore Zerman for their Crescendo Productions banner, Darryl Porter, and Vince Wilburn Jr.
Executive producers are Pamela Hirsch, Cheryl Davis, Erin Davis, and Baigelman. Herbie Hancock, a legend in his own right and close collaborator of Davis, will participate in the project as well. The project was packaged by UTA which arranged the financing and is representing U.S. rights. Leading international films sales company IM Global is handling international distribution and will be introducing the title at the upcoming American Film Market.
Wagner commented, “Don is one of our generation’s greatest actors, and this is the role he was born to play. His take on the conventional biopic of one of music’s most celebrated icons is cinematic “jazz” and too unique to resist. It fits naturally with BiFrost’s commitment to support talent and their passion projects, so we are thrilled to work with Don on his feature directorial debut.”
Cheadle is best known for roles in CRASH, Steven Soderbergh’s OCEAN’S TWELVE and OCEAN’S THIRTEEN, as well as for his Academy Award-nominated performance as Best Actor in 2004’s HOTEL RWANDA. He has most recently been seen as Colonel James Rhodes in IRON MAN 3 and as Marty Kaan in the Showtime series “House of Lies,” for which he won a Golden Globe in 2013. Cheadle is represented by UTA.
McGregor is best known for his roles in THE IMPOSSIBLE, GHOST WRITER, BEGINNERS, MOULIN ROUGE, TRAINSPOTTING and the STAR WARS franchise. McGregor was nominated for a Golden Globe last year for his work on the feature SALMON FISHING IN THE YEMEN. He will next be seen in the crime drama SON OF A GUN and he is currently shooting MORTDECAI opposite Johnny Depp and Gwyneth Paltrow. McGregor is represented by UTA, Sloane Offer and United Agents in the UK.
BiFrost Pictures’ current slate of projects include Paul Bettany’s directorial debut SHELTER, with Jennifer Connelly and Anthony Mackie; THE GIRL WHO CONNED THE IVY LEAGUE, to be directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman and starring Amanda Seyfried; and the recently completed THE WORLD MADE STRAIGHT, directed by David Burris and starring Minka Kelly, Haley Joel Osment, and Noah Wyle and based on the award-winning novel by Ron Rash.
- Teen Kills his Enemies’ Mother While Visiting Her Son’s Grave for His Birthday
- Chicago Hit and Run During Fight at Bar Kills 3, Injures 1 (video)
- Woman Shot in the Lips at Party in Atlanta
- Steve Harvey Discusses a Woman Unaware She is Seeing a Married Man (VIDEO)
- Woman Slaps Spirit Airlines Employee, Employee Attacks Her Back (video)
- Unlicenced Day Care Center Owner Charged After 7 Children Hurt in Fire (video)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Online Betting Sites Trying to Figure out Kim Kardashian’s Next Boyfriend (VIDEO)
- Amusement Park Evacuated After Three People Shot in Parking Lot
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Chicago Rapper, Qaw’mane Wilson, Hires Friends to Murder his Mother for her Insurance Money