Kevin and I were talking the other day and he was speaking to me about doing what I love and it struck a chord with me. He is always so honest and it’s refreshing to work as a correspondent for his site.
Our convo really sparked something in me and it reminded of me of how I always stay F’d up! People always ask me how come I seem so happy because I’m usually smiling, laughing, joking, or just seem to be having a good day. I usually tell them it’s because I choose to be happy. Happiness is definitely a choice but the more I think about it, it’s a choice I make because… I can’t lie, I tend to stay F’d up on a regular basis. Now before you start organizing an intervention for me, let me explain what I mean about staying F’d Up! I’m no preacher or I’m in no way qualified to tell anyone how to live their life but I’m just sharing how staying F’d Up helps me find happiness and maintain it.Getting F’d Up! – The Key to Happiness
PARTNERS IN RHYME on ALLBLK
- Forgive those that have caused pain, stress, and/or turmoil in your life from childhood to adulthood.
- Forgive yourself for feeling a certain way about those aforementioned individuals because of the pain “they caused’ you.
- Forgive yourself for the way you treated yourself due to that pain
- Find out who you are and what you love. Do your best MJ impression and start looking at the “Man in the Mirror”
- Easier said than done but Find your Purpose.
- Find friends that share your ideas, beliefs, and values as well as people that think differently from you as long as they are there to enhance the happiness that should be already present within you.
- Once you find out who you are you will begin to truly understand what it means to love yourself and therefore love will find you in return in the form of friendship, companionship, and matrimony if that is your ultimate goal.
- Face the music: Once you FIND out who you really are, in many cases, you are not who you thought you were. Don’t be afraid of YOUR TRUTH.
- FEAR IS False. Evidence. Appearing. Real so in the words of Public Enemy “Don’t Believe the Hype!”
- F*ck Fear – Don’t be afraid of trying or change because you are afraid of the unknown, failure, or even success for that matter.
- Fix what is fixable and what is worth fixing. I speaking more about the core of who we are. I don’t mean botox, a$$ injections, nose jobs, tummy tucks, but I’m not judging. if you got the dough and REALLY feel that is what you need, go right ahead.
- Focus on what you love about yourself and began to enhance those qualities.
- Focus Forward and stop living in the past. Its wise to remember the past but don’t live in it.
- Get your Janet Jackson on & Focus on what you can CONTROL. If its out of your control, find a way to maneuver around it, plan for it, or LET IT GO!
- Freedom is a product of knowledge and understanding. The more you learn about you, others, the world around you & not around you, the more you feel a sense of freedom.
- Free your mind and the rest will follow. (En Vogue Reference) Take time out for YOU & meditate, walk, read, or whatever frees your mind. Rest does truly follow in the sense of you will actually sleep better, your body will respond to your mind’s peace, and yes those around will follow your lead & help you preserve your new-found freedom to the energy you project.
- Fun is essential. As long as your good time doesn’t mean spoiling someone else’s good time, do that sh*t! Enjoy life and find time to do what makes you happy in your personal life and career if possible.
- Fortitude is showing courage in the face of pain and adversity. Bad things will happen but its how you deal with it that matters
- This takes us back to FOCUS. When bad sh*t happens, focus on the solution and not the problem. It keeps us moving forward which leads us to number 9.
- Forward was not just the Democratic slogan for the 2012 Presidential Election. We must always move forward.
- If you are a driver that keeps looking in his/her rearview mirror, you will not be prepared to react to what’s in front of you.
- Learn from your past, live, and moment, and shape your future.
- Expect the best and don’t be FEARFul if you fall short of “The Best.” If you fall a little short of “The Best” you are still in a good place. Nothing wrong with planning for a rainy day but people that expect the worst usually get the worst.
- Pay it Forward: Once you acquire the knowledge, build on the knowledge, and pass it on to someone else.
- Last but not least: Faith is believing, hoping in, embracing, and seizing the truth based on evidence of the seen and unseen.
- Whether you believe in God, Allah, Nirvana, Ganesh, the Universe, Evolution, or whatever you must have Faith that you were created for a purpose.
- Faith gives you enough confidence to lead and direct as well as enough humility to learn and follow
- Finally, stop waiting on a miracle to happen and be the miracle that makes it happen! Faith in yourself gives you an abundance of power.