Cumulus Media (NASDAQ: CMLS) announced today that Brian Philips has been promoted to Chief Content Officer, responsible for content across all Cumulus platforms, reporting to Mary G. Berner, President and Chief Executive Officer. Philips had previously served as Executive Vice President, Content and Audience, since 2019.
“Brian Philips is an exceptional executive and the perfect choice to lead our programming efforts as we continue to execute our audio-first strategy, which is transforming the Company from a traditional radio broadcaster into a multi-dimensional audio media company,” said Berner. “This promotion reflects Brian’s tremendous contributions, and I have full confidence in his creative vision, operational expertise, and savvy leadership to guide us through this critical evolution.”
Prior to joining Cumulus Media, Philips spent more than 30 years in television, film, and radio creation. He enjoyed an award-winning radio career, with more than 15 years leading radio programming at a number of major market stations, including Cumulus stations WNNX-FM and WWWQ-FM (Atlanta), and KPLX-FM (Dallas-Ft. Worth).
- Steve Harvey Discusses if Chris Brown is ‘Better’ Than Michael Jackson (VIDEO)
- The Breakfast Club Discussed the Outcome of Suge Knight’s Wrongful Death Lawsuit (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why Lil Nas X is Upset With BET (VIDEO)
- Roland Martin Discusses The Virtual HBCU Experience ‘HBCUv’ with United Negro College Fund (VIDEO)
- Crystal Jones Comes Clean About TLC Exit (video)
- Top 10 BEST Black Male R&B Groups From the 90s
- Which R&B Songs had the BEST Bass lines?
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Howard Hewett Apologizes to Jody Watley After 40 Years (video) Also, Unsung Full Episode
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,