Coca-Cola, Domino’s, Ford, Macy’s, My Black Is Beautiful, Sprint, Starbucks and Subway Announced as Official BET AWARDS ’11 Sponsors
For The First Time Ever, BET And Ford Partner To Give Away A Vehicle During LIVE Telecast
Hosted By Comedian Kevin Hart, The BET AWARDS ’11 Airs LIVE On Sunday, June 26 At 8 p.m.*
NEW YORK, June 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — For the first time ever, BET has partnered with Ford to kick off a sweepstakes that will award one lucky viewer the keys to a 2012 Ford Focus as part of the BET AWARDS ’11 live telecast on Sunday, June 26 at 8 p.m. EDT. The Ford Focus Sweepstakes is now open and ends at 8 p.m. EDT on Sunday, June 26, and incorporates the use of Twitter as part of the final qualification process. The winner will be announced live from the Ford Focus Social Media Lounge during the BET AWARDS ’11.
In addition to the vehicle sweepstakes, the Focus will be parked on the red carpet during the Pre-Awards Show red-carpet festivities. Ford also will sponsor the Ford Focus Social Media Lounge, the exclusive backstage area, which will feature some of the top entertainment bloggers who will have access to the celebrity talent during the entire weekend leading up to the awards show.
Subway returns to sponsor both the Sportsman and Sportswoman of the Year Awards for the second consecutive year while for the first time, Coca-Cola, a partner of the BET AWARDS franchise since 2009, is turning their attention to the audience and letting fans decide which artist had the hottest single of the year by sponsoring the 2011 Viewer’s Choice Award.
In addition to the above categories and integrations, the following have been announced as official sponsors of the BET AWARDS ’11:
- Domino’s: Domino’s returns for the third consecutive year to sponsor the BET AWARDS Pre-Show Countdown Clock.
- Macy’s: During the BET AWARDS Pre-Show, one lucky audience member will be selected to receive a head-to-toe makeover, one (1) $500 gift card and two (2) tickets to the BET AWARDS Show, courtesy of Macy’s.
- My Black Is Beautiful: Throughout the BET AWARDS Pre-Show, Danella will showcase fashion highlights while interviewing celebrities on the Red Carpet as the My Black Is Beautiful Fashion Correspondent. Joyful Drake, star of “Let’s Stay Together,” shares all of her exciting moments as she experiences the BET AWARDS for the very first time.
- Sprint: The HTC EVO View 4G from Sprint will replace traditional envelopes during each of the BET AWARDS winner announcements. Viewers will witness this tablet in action for the first time, during its product launch weekend.
- Starbucks: For the second year in a row, Starbucks ® Frappuccino ® will sponsor the Who Rocked The Mic Award, which is presented to the artist with the best BET AWARDS ’11 performance during 106 & PARK on Monday, June 27.