Radio Facts: Philadelphia, PA. ” Radio One Philadelphia has named Charlamagne the new host of The Morning Beat show effective Friday May 1, 2009. He will be heard Monday through Friday from 6am-10am. Å“Doing an all music morning show with mixer Bent Roc garnered some of the highest ratings that weâ„¢ve seen in the last year for our morning show on the Beat. We are presently #1 with woman 18-34 without doing a traditional morning show. Charlamagne will be brought on board to accent the current success of the Å“Morning Beat. His command ing personality along with his internet savvy and his desire to be local will only propel this show to a higher plane. In honor of his first day weâ„¢ll allow Charlamagne to take over the station from 6am-10pm giving away $100 dollars every half hour as apart of him getting to know Philadelphia listeners on day one. Says Elroy R.C. Smith- Operations Manager Of Radio One Philadelphia.
In the words of Charlamagne himself, he says: Å“Command ing my own morning show in a major market has been one of my dreams and this opportunity that has been presented to me just reinforces in my mind that I am walking the path that God wants me to walk. Already having been named one of the Top 30 People in Radio under the Age of 30, Charlamagne brings a brand of honesty that is refreshing and needed in this market. With that said 100.3 The Beat in conjunction with Radio One Philadelphia welcomes Å“The Voice of the Ghetto Charlamagne to the city of brotherly love with the hope that he will be the brother they love the most in the mornings.
Charlamagneâ„¢s resume is impeccable. He has a proven track record of not only success but continuous progress throughout his career. He started out as an intern in 1999 and over the last 10 years he has held numerous positions within radio some of which include being the Co-Host of the nationally syndicated Å“Wendy Williams Experience as well as being the current host of Dirt Law Radio in Columbia, SC.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- Cumulus Media Welcomes Popular Morning Personality Jubal Back to Colorado Springs
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- L.A. Reid Sells 100% of His Writing and Publishing Catalogue
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- When D.L. Hughley Made Trending Video about Steve Harvey’s Trump Visit
- UNSUNG REVIEW Entire Episode: The Sylvers (video)