CBS RADIO Tampa Bay announced today it will debut an all-sports radio Radio Station in August, marking the first time the market will feature the format on FM. Listeners will be able to hear SPORTSRADIO 98.7 The Fan on-air at 98.7 FM and 1010 AM, online at www.987thefan.com, and via a variety of mobile applications. The Radio Station will provide Tampa Bay’s ardent sports fan base with locally programmed content including in-depth news, scores, headlines, and full coverage of area professional and college teams.”Never before has there been a Radio Station for Tampa Bay’s passionate sports fans with such reach and ties to the community as SPORTSRADIO 98.7 The Fan,” said Ben Hill, Senior Vice President/Market Manager, CBS RADIO Tampa Bay. “Locally based on-air personalities, and a programming team with years of experience in Tampa will help shape the Radio Station as a place listeners can trust for the most honest, engaging and interactive sports talk.”CBS RADIO has more than 15 sports Radio Stations among its portfolio and is the leading broadcaster of the format on FM. The division of CBS is home to top-rated Radio Stations in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia and Detroit, among others, including the nation’s first all-sports Radio Station WFAN-AM.In a related announcement, Mike Pepper will serve as the program director of SPORTSRADIO 98.7 The Fan. Pepper, who is responsible for developing the on-air lineup and voice of the Radio Station , has been with the company for close to two decades, six of those years as the assistant PD of 1010 Sports (WQYK-AM). Assisting Pepper is longtime local sports producer, Jerry Petuck.Said Pepper, “Being this closely involved in a radio first for Tampa listeners has been one of the most exciting opportunities in my career. Our sports landscape has changed dramatically over the last 10 years highlighted by a Super Bowl Championship for the Buccaneers, a Stanley Cup for the Lightning, and an American League title for the Rays, as well as the rise of USF football. The timing couldn’t be better for the launch of SPORTSRADIO 98.7 The Fan.”Hosts and reporters will be announced at a later date. Applications are still being accepted as the line-up is being finalized.
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- New NAB President and CEO Curtis LeGeyt Shares Vision and Outlook for Broadcasting in Town Hall
- Sony Music Publishing Launches Co-Venture
- Skyview Networks Elevates Steve Jones to CEO and President
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- Prison Sentence Handed Down to Ex-Detroit Councilman Andre Spivey in Bribery Case (video)
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Whatever Happened to Sherry Carter from BET?
- Pregnant Woman Set on Fire: Boyfriend gets $50k Bond