A federal lawsuit has been filed by a south Florida lawyer seeking call-action status alleging that Burger King misled customers by portraying its food as being much larger than what is really served to customers.
Attorney Anthony Russo brought the suit that alleges Burger King began inflating the size of its burgers in images around September 2017. Prior to that, the suit claims that Burger King “more fairly” advertised its food products.
As of today, the size of almost every food item advertised by Burger King is “materially overstated,” the lawsuit stated. Russia and the plaintiffs he is representing point out advertisements for Burger King’s trademark Whommper, stating that the entire burger is 35 percent larger than the real-life version, with double the meat than what is actually served to customers.
These claims have not been the first time Burger King has been accused of inflating food in its ads. 12 years ago the United Kingdom’s advertising authority cited the company for burgers that had height and thickness “considerably less” than what was advertised,
The suit seeks class-action status and demands monetary damages and a court order that requires Burger King to end what it says are its deceptive practices.
Burger King’s parent company Restaurant Brands International, and representatives for Burger King have not immediately made any comments regarding the lawsuits.
The editor in chief of Restaurant Business magazine Jonathan Maze said that lawsuits against fast-food companies like Russo’s may seem to lack merit, and they cant sometimes scare company executives into paying settlements “when they fear bad publicity.”
A California judge approved a $6.5 million settlement in 2020 in a class-action lawsuit filed against Chipotle over what was claimed to be a misleading non-GMO advertising campaign.
“Big or small, justice is justice, and laws are laws,” Russo said. “And just because something happens to appear in someone’s opinion to be minor doesn’t mean that it is.”
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Says R Kelly Can Survive Off $500 After Government Seizes over $28,000 from Prison Account (VIDEO)
- 1st Woman in GA to get Monkeypox Says it Didn’t Come from Sex … but Work
- Park Visitor Discover Burning Body Hanging from Tree
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Says, “Studs of America” Gave Brittney Griner a “Poor” Video Tribute (VIDEO)
- Steve Harvey Said Kelis Made a Bad Business Decision Concerning Beyoncé’s “Renaissance” Album (VIDEO)
- Mother of 6 Young Girls Murdered by Finance (video)
- Drunk Driver Who Caused Horrific Crash That Killed 6 in LA was “Upset Over Fight with Boyfriend” (video)
- Steve Harvey Says Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Were Never Expected to Last (VIDEO)
- BUSTA RHYMES TO BE HONORED AS A BMI ICON AT THE 2022 BMI R&B/HIP-HOP AWARDS
- 10 Songs by Black Singers that NEVER Die