The Black reporters were not ready for police chief Edward Flynn's response when asked why he was being disprespectful by being on his phone during a meeting. The meeting centered around the unjust shooting of a schizophrenic Dontre Hamilton by a white Milwaukee police officer who was later fired but not charged. (see the bottom video of the story of Dontre below). This situation led to Milwaukee police having to wear body cams.
After a meeting with community leaders and black residents to try to resolve the lack of communication with the police department, the police chief took questions. He stated there was a lot of confusion, yelling, and agenda bating while he tried to answer the community's questions and indicated that he was overwhelmed.
During the meeting, he was using his phone to text message and people in the meeting thought that was disrespectful. After the meeting, he was approached by a group of black reporters who questioned his sincerity since he was on the phone texting during the meeting. His response was probably not expected (below)
- Is Byron Allen Interested in Buying TV One? Is Radio One an Added Bonus?
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- Best Black Female Singers of All Time
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- ENTERTAINMENT ONE ELEVATES ANDRE HOWARD TO VP DIGITAL MARKETING AND EBRAHIM RASHEED TO DIRECTOR A&R & ARTIST DEVELOPMENT
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- Kailee Scales, Managing Director of The Black Lives Matter Global Network Now Represented by The Chamber Group
- BUSINESS: Is Entercom about to sell Urban Stations to iHeart?
- When Keeping it Racist Goes Wrong and Gets You Almost Knocked Out