Beatport, the global leader of music for DJs, producers, and their fans, announced the acquisition of LabelRadar, a company that has built its reputation with artists as a valuable platform to introduce them to labels, notifying them immediately when their demo is listened to, and paving the way for them to get signed.
For record labels, LabelRadar provides streamlined access to a steady flow of unsigned demos from a wide variety of genres submitted by artists based all around the world. When an A&R team finds a track they love, they can view data on the artist, start a chat, and upon mutual confirmation, sign the track. LabelRadar will join ampsuite, Hype and LabelBase as part of Beatport’s Music Services division led by Alex Branson, SVP of Music Services.
“LabelRadar streamlines the whole demo submission process,” said Branson, in making the announcement. “LabelRadar has built an accessible product that makes it easier for labels and publishers to review incoming demos, while ensuring artists get their demos heard by the right prospective partners who can immediately jump on the opportunity to sign new music.”
Beatport has worked alongside LabelRadar to host remix competitions featuring Carl Craig, Tiësto, and Giolì & Assia via its “Opportunities” feature which will continue to be developed to increase collaboration across all levels of the dance music industry. LabelRadar will enable Beatport to support artists and labels from the beginning of their musical journey, and will further connect Music Services into the overall Beatport ecosystem.
“Our mission is to build a division that can help artists and labels expand the reach and value of their music by connecting to Beatport’s unique community, and the acquisition of LabelRadar becomes an important part of our suite of services,” said Robb McDaniels, CEO of The Beatport Group.
Ed Brew and Derek Clark, Co-CEOs and Co-Founders commented, “LabelRadar was born from a shared dream of a music industry that was more accessible, transparent, and efficient for both artists and labels of all sizes. Our platform makes it easy to submit, discover, and sign unreleased music, fostering an ecosystem where quality music can be quickly identified and it’s no longer a matter of who you know in the industry.
Having worked with the top-notch team at Beatport on several projects, we were quick to recognize a shared vision, not just for what LabelRadar could become, but for the future of the music industry as a whole. By partnering with Beatport, we are unlocking the true potential of our ecosystem by scaling our development efforts, tapping into their vast network of industry relationships, and further expanding the value we can offer our users. We’re excited to embark on the next chapter of our journey and to continue making sure no music goes under the radar again.”
LabelRadar was co-founded by Derek Clark (USA), Ed Brew (UK) and brothers Juan Ferreras (Argentina) & Sebastián Ferreras (Spain) along with Ariel Kohan (Argentina) as a founding team member.
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Mo’Nique’s Apology to DL Hughley (VIDEO)
- The Steve Harvey Morning Show Talked to Comedian Earthquake About His New Movie, Tour, and More (VIDEO)
- Teenagers Break into $8 Million Florida Home To Throw Party, Shares Evidence Online
- The Steve Harvey Show Discusses Martin Lawrence Getting a Star on the Walk of Fame (VIDEO)
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses Why the Verdict Against Bill Cosby Might Be Long Overdue (VIDEO)
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses T.I.’s Anger Over the Cancellation of His Show
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Woman Gets Prison Time After ‘Prank’ Pushing Man Off Boat, Causing Him To Drown
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Discusses What Chris Brown Thinks About His Michael Jackson Comparison