Baby K. Charged As An Adult For Attempted Murder On A School Bus (Video)


    UPPER MARLBORO, Md. – In a meeting held on Wednesday morning, Prince George’s County officials deliberated the failures and challenges surrounding the arrest of Baby K. The 15-year-old fugitive had managed to elude law enforcement for nearly a month following an alleged attempt to shoot another teenager on a public school bus on three separate occasions.

    “It is my sincere hope he will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law,” said Prince George’s County Police Chief Malik Aziz. “Many of you have seen the photos or videos of the crime committed on a school bus, a place where no child or employee should fear or his or her safety. The crime shocked this community. It shocked even the most veteran law enforcement officer.”

    On May 1st, an incident occurred on Iverson Street and Sutler Drive in Oxon Hill involving a school bus. According to the police, three suspects boarded the bus and launched an attack on a student. However, court documents revealed that the gunman, who goes by the name Baby K, attempted to shoot the victim multiple times but encountered a jamming issue with the firearm, ultimately saving the student’s life.

    Prior to the recent developments, law enforcement had already apprehended two teenage boys aged 15 and 14 in connection with the assault. Additionally, a 14-year-old girl was also arrested for her alleged involvement in orchestrating the attack. Presently, all three individuals are facing charges as adults. The authorities have chosen not to disclose the identities of the juveniles until a judge determines whether their cases will remain within the adult justice system.

    Chief Aziz confirmed that Baby K was apprehended without any accomplices and was unarmed at the time of the arrest. The U.S. Marshals Service Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force (CARFTF) took the 15-year-old suspect into custody at approximately 2:40 p.m. on Tuesday in the Riverdale area, specifically the 6300 block of Baltimore Ave. Chief Aziz also mentioned that, to his knowledge, Baby K had not attempted to alter his appearance, such as shaving his hair, in an effort to change his identity.

    “You know, it’s like when you go looking for your car keys. Sometimes, they be right in your face but you just don’t see them,” the victim’s mother told FOX 5 by phone. “I think it was one of those circumstances because he was not far at all. He was still in Maryland, in P.G. county. He was about 30 minutes from where the incident happened so that’s just crazy.”



    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here