Arbitron Inc. (NYSE: ARB) announced today that the Black Radio Today 2009, How America Listens to Radio and Hispanic Radio Today 2009, How America Listens to Radio have released and are available on Arbitron.com. Both of these studies feature Portable People MeterTM (PPMTM) data information for the first time.“Ethnic formatted Radio Stations reach millions of listeners everyday,” said Alton Adams. “These studies show the strength of radio as a media companion to ethnic consumers. Radio’s relationship with ethnic listeners has been consistent over time; year over year, more than 90 percent of black and Hispanic listeners tune in to radio for news, culture and sounds of the community.”Black Radio Today 2009, How America Listens to Radio shows:
- For the first time, Urban Contemporary formatted Radio Stations had higher weekend ratings in Fall 08 than in weekday afternoons.
- African-American Urban Adult Contemporary listeners spent more time each week with the format (8 hours, 30 minutes) than any other format in the study.
- More than half of Urban Contemporary’s 18+ consumers attended or graduated from college, and one in seven had advanced degrees or beyond.
- News/Talk/Information has 2,634 Radio Stations and attracts 2.7 million African-American listeners weekly.
Hispanic Radio Today 2009, How America Listens to Radio key findings include:
- #1 English-language format among Hispanics is Rhythmic CHR.
- #1 Spanish-Dominant format is Spanish News/Talk.
- Radio’s Reach among Hispanics Remain Strong.
- Hispanic weekend ratings have grown in relation to weekday listening
- Radio’s reach among Hispanic listeners has remained between 94% and 96%, since the beginning of the Hispanic Radio Today series in 2001
These reports are available on the Radio Today page https://www.arbitron.com/study/grt.aspHighlights from these and other studies can be found on Twitter. Follow us at ArbitronInc and RadioFunFacts.
- ANTHEM ENTERTAINMENT ACQUIRES COUNTRY CATALOG FROM HIT SONGWRITER KELLY ARCHER
- Rockstar Meat Loaf Dies at 74 from COVID
- Radio One, Inc. Charlotte Welcomes Mo Quick
- Police Arrest GA ‘Pastor’ After People Discovered Locked in Basement
- SoundExchange Releases Q4 Digital Radio Report
- Radio Milwaukee Names New General Manager
- Watch Man Prepare Beef Tongues for Dinner (video)
- BRE Publisher Sidney Miller Jr. has Died
- 70-Million-Year-Old Fossil of Baby Dinosaur Discovered in China
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks