Radio Facts: New CEO and Executive Staff to steer company from Columbia facilities
Maryland Governor Martin Oâ„¢Malley welcomes move
COLUMBIA, MD; March 9, 2009 ” Arbitron Inc. (NYSE: ARB) announced today the company has moved its headquarters from New York City to Columbia, Maryland .
Å“I want to live and work where the operational core of our business resides, said Michael Skarzynski, President and Chief Executive Officer. Å“Columbia is home to Arbitronâ„¢s state-of-the-art research campus and itâ„¢s important for me and our executives to work in the same location as the teams who are creating new solutions for our current customers and new services for our expand ing markets.
Å“Arbitronâ„¢s decision to move its headquarters to Maryland will build on the company's already significant presence here and add to the economic climate of our State, said Governor Martin O'Malley. Å“Maryland is continuing to outperform the nation in many key economic indicators, which when combined with our highly educated workforce, gives Arbitron a unique competitive advantage to grow in today's ever-changing business climate.
Å“The efforts of the State of Maryland and Howard County to foster a positive environment for local businesses were important factors in our decision to make Columbia our home base, said Mr. Skarzynski. Å“We look forward to furthering our partnership with the state and the county as we grow our business and contribute to the local community and economy.
The Arbitron headquarters office is located at the companyâ„¢s existing facility at 9705 Patuxent Woods Drive, Columbia, Maryland . The headquarters building is one of six facilities totaling 275,000 square feet that are located in Howard County.
Since 1994, Columbia, Maryland has been the heart of Arbitronâ„¢s survey research, engineering and data collection/production operations. On a worldwide basis, the company employs 1,084 full-time and 484 part-time employees. Located in Maryland are 767 full-time employees representing 71 percent of Arbitronâ„¢s full-time workforce and 269 part-time employees or 56 percent of the companyâ„¢s part-time workforce.
The New York City location will remain open and continue to operate as a sales office.
The other Arbitron U.S. offices and facilities in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Birmingham, Alabama and the facility in Kochi, India are not affected by the relocation of the company headquarters to Columbia, Maryland .
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Venuesnow All-Stars 2020 List Announced
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Urban AC, 102.9 KBLX, SAN FRANCISCO presents, “The Women of KBLX Virtual Empowerment Forum
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- D.L. Hughley Says “The Platinum Plan” is Insulting, Why not “The Skinny Rims Plan?” (video)
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show