Anderson .Paak 12 Tone Deal
The music industry continues to branch itself in a new direction and industry vet Doug Morris' is ahead of the 8 ball with his brand new 12 Tone label. He has just signed Anderson .Paak an artist who is merely scratching the surface of his potential.
Morris' legendary and storied career in the industry has been more than 30 years having worked in the top ranks at all three of the biggest label corporations. He will be exiting his current post as a nonexecutive Chairman at Sony Music at the end of March and former Def Jam CEO Steve Bartels will join him in his new venture.
Morris has been working on a deal for his label with Warner. .Paak, 31, a California native is currently also signed to Dr Dre's Aftermath with a current single “Till It's Over” directed by Spike Jonze making the rounds. We recently saw a video where Dre joined .Paak onstage in London and the crowd lost it. Some industry insiders state the .Paak's deal is in conjunction with Apple but we have been informed this not the case. We will keep you posted.
- Frank Ski and Nina Brown Talk about V103 Exit and WHUR Plans (DARF.TV video)
- Condolences to Cathy Hughes: Mother, Helen Jones Woods, Passes from COVID
- Konwiser Brothers Media Acquire Rights to Movie about KDAY
- Basics of How to Succeed in the Music Businesses
- DJ Cassidy’s Pass The Mic Volume II Was the Best Party on the Internet
- The Undeniable BEST Black Male Singers of All Time
- Who Was Gene Griffin? See Comments
- The Undeniable Top 10 BEST Black Male Groups From the 90s
- Sports: Top 10 MLB Walk-offs in 2019
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story