Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson & Tariq “Black Thought” Trotter Present: ‘Hip Hop: The Songs That Shook America’ Premiering TONIGHT
From Executive Producers Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson, Tariq “Black Thought” Trotter, Shawn Gee, Alex Gibney and directors Erik Parker and One9, HipHop: The Songs That Shook America, premieres Tonight, October 13 at 12am ET / 9pm PT on AMC.
Each of the six episodes of the series focuses on a groundbreaking song pivotal to the evolution of American music and culture including Kanye West’s Jesus Walks, Kendrick Lamar’s Alright, Run-D.M.C.’s Rock Box, Queen Latifah’s Ladies First, and more.
Artists, their collaborators and other influential musical and cultural figures deconstruct compositions, revisit the impact the song had on them personally, and dissect the socio-economic and cultural conditions that inspired the landmark work and gave voice to a generation. Hip Hop: The Songs That Shook Americais part of AMC’s Visionariesseries from Oscar and Emmy-winning Jigsaw Productions in association with Two One Five Entertainment. In addition to Thompson, Trotter, Gee and Gibney, the series is also executive produced by Stacey Offman, Richard Perello, and Shea Serrano. Angie Day, Erik Parker and One9 also serve as co-executive producers.
- Black Man Almost Lynched in Bloomington, Indiana (video)
- The Undeniable Top 10 Best Black Female Singers in Groups of All Time
- Black Reporters were not ready for White Police Chief’s Response for Being on his Phone during Community Meeting (video)
- DL Hughley Says He Tried to Tell Us About Terry Crews
- The Top 10 Best Gospel Artists and Best Gospel Songs
- ‘Karen’ and ‘Stanley’ Say Black Lives Matter is Racist while Defacing Mural (Video)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Just Days after Shakeup at ESSENCE, EBONY Removes CEO
- Racist White Man to Publix Worker: “It’s Not My Fault You’re a Ni**er” Over a Sandwich
- The Indisputable Top 10 Love Songs by Black Male Singers