On July 11, 2017, Hennessy hosted the 2017 Hennessy V.S Limited Edition by JonOne launch event at Terminal 5 in New York City. Hennessy, the world's best-selling Cognac, celebrated urban artist JonOne as the designer of the 2017 Hennessy Very Special Limited Edition bottle. The custom-designed bottle, which launched across the U.S. in July 2017, is sold in almost 50 countries worldwide and features a colorful, vibrant design, is the seventh in an ongoing series of collaborations between Hennessy V.S and several internationally renowned artists.
Celebrities including Harlem rapper A$AP Ferg, super producer DJ Mustard, model Chanel Iman and New York Giants players' Sterling Shepard attended the celebration. During the event, JonOne created an elaborate art piece, bringing color to the mix, which served as the backdrop to A$AP Ferg's high energy performance.
JonOne's design process for the Hennessy V.S Limited Edition bottle mirrors the elaborate process of crafting Cognac. With an energy that has come to define his style, to create the bottle art he built layer upon layer of freestyle splashes of color, intermixed with Hennessy's own imagery, echoing the complex layers of flavors and aromas created during the Cognac blending process. The result is a final work that captures the spirit of the artist and gives a nod to the transmission and legacy of Hennessy.
The design appears on a limited run of flagship 750mL Hennessy Very Special bottles (priced approximately at $35). A special deluxe gift edition is also available, featuring a 1.75L bottle decorated with JonOne's iconic tag and Hennessy iconography. It is encased in a whimsically over-sized paint can, inspired by the artist's studio and creative inspiration, and available for a suggested retail price of $200.
For more information, visit Hennessy.com or follow Hennessy on Facebook (Facebook.com/Hennessy), Twitter and Instagram (@HennessyUS, #HowWeHennessy).
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- David Goggins’ Amazing Confidence and Motivation after a Horrific Childhood (video)
- Candace Owens: 50 Cent Says He’s Voting for Donald Trump, Black People Feel “Betrayed”
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- MLK Speaks: A Conversation with America three-hour special airs October 26 on MPT and WEAA-FM