PICTURE PERFECT DAY FOR AURN AT “ONE NATION”
American Urban Radio Networks (AURN) Kim Lampkins and Tene' Croom were on the National Mall in Washington, DC on October 2 for the “One Nation Working Together” march and rally.
They got a chance to talk to some of the 160,000 people, representing more than 400 organizations, including labor and civil groups, who came together to bring attention to a number of issues.
Former NAACP Board Chairman Julian Bond told Kim that it's important for people to vote on November 2nd. “Because this crowd that wants to get in power wants to repeal the 20th century and if we let them do it, then we're in trouble. So, let's say no to the party of no.”
Another civil rights leader talked to AURN. Asked what is his message to Congress, National Urban League President Marc Morial said, “My message is very simple, stop filibustering jobs bills and good legislation. Stop filibustering.”
Before leaving the Mall, the crowd got into a groove. A speaker didn't close out the rally. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee George Clinton sang his legendary song, “One Nation Under a Groove.” Later he told Tene' he was there because he thought of the country as “one nation.”
|Tene with Ben Jealous|
|Kim with Children's Defense Fund President Marian
- Who is DJ Quicksilva? A Radio Facts Exclusive Interview (video)
- Atlanta Pastor Stabbed To Death By A Man She Was Mentoring
- Christian Cooper, Black Man Harassed in Central Park for Birdwatching, Gets New TV Show
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,
- Trans Woman, Tenika Watson, in 1982 Car Crash with Teddy Pendergrass Speaks
- 2 Dead, 8 Injured During Chicago Mass Shooting Near Loyola University
- 97.1 The Eagle Announces BFD 2022 Line Up
- Where is Theo Mizuhara from KKBT and KMEL?
- Top 12 Best Black Female Singers of All Time?
- Top 10 BEST Black Male Groups From the 90s