QUEEN SUGAR Wednesdays (10 p.m. – 11 p.m. ET/PT)
From Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Ava DuVernay (“13th,” “Selma”) and executive producer Oprah Winfrey, “Queen Sugar” tells the contemporary story of the Bordelon siblings who struggle to move forward with their lives as they strive to honor the legacy of their father following his unexpected passing. Charley (Dawn-Lyen Gardner, “Unforgettable”) relocates to Saint Josephine, Louisiana to help run the family business. As the only black female sugarcane mill owner, she must fight to regain her independence while rebuilding her relationships with her estranged siblings: Ralph Angel (Kofi Siriboe, “Girls Trip”) who attempts to transform from a formerly incarcerated single father to a land owner while he’s working to restore his relationship with his son’s mother; and Nova (Rutina Wesley, “True Blood”) who finds herself torn between her activism and her desire to be loved.
Together, they must learn to rely on one another as they navigate their tenuous bonds as family. (P) Wednesday, November 1 (10 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET/PT) Episode: On These I StandRalph Angel (Kofi Siriboe) is left devastated by Darla's (Bianca Lawson) news, Charley's (Dawn-Lyen Gardner) business is threatened, and Micah (Nicholas L. Ashe) has an issue with his school. Plus, Nova (Rutina Wesley) receives a new opportunity and Violet (Tina Lifford) reveals her diagnosis to Hollywood (Omar J. Dorsey). (P) Wednesday, November 8 (10 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET/PT) Episode: Copper SunCharley (Dawn-Lyen Gardner) fires Darla (Bianca Lawson) after learning that she’s lied to her family, Micah (Nicholas L. Ashe) gets suspended from school, and Hollywood (Omar J. Dorsey) promises to fulfill Violet’s (Tina Lifford) wish list.
Later, Jacob Boudreaux (Guest Star Lea Coco) suggests he and Charley form a partnership. (P) Wednesday, November 15 (9 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. ET/PT) Episode: Dream VariationsCharley’s (Dawn-Lyen Gardner) shocking plan to save her business puts her relationship with Remy (Dondré Whitfield) in jeopardy. Ralph Angel (Kofi Siriboe) decides if he can forgive Darla (Bianca Lawson). Special 90-minute season finale. (P) Wednesday, November 15 (10:30 p.m. - 11 p.m. ET/PT) Episode: Queen Sugar Season Finale Special, Oprah & The CastThe “Queen Sugar” after-show special hosted by Oprah Winfrey will feature exclusive interviews with series creator and executive producer Ava DuVernay and the ensemble cast. Rutina Wesley, Dawn-Lyen Gardner, Kofi Siriboe, Tina Lifford and other cast members will give fans a chance to ask burning questions as the juicy details and behind-the-scenes moments from season two are revealed.
- White Guy Eloquently Breaks Down Black Pride Vs. White Pride (Video)
- Bryon Allen Adds Another TV Station to His Catalogue
- White Couple Walks in Black Man’s Airbnb Because He Looks Suspicious (VIDEO)
- Transgender Woman in Car with Teddy Pendergrass Tells her side of the Story
- Watch Episode 2: Fayetteville State University’s 2nd Appearance on Black College Quiz Show
- 50 CENT SAYS HE VOTING FOR DONALD TRUMP! BLACK PEOPLE FEEL “BETRAYED”.
- Hitmaking Duo Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis Sign First-Ever Artist Recording Deal
- Need a Laugh? This is the Uncle That Hits All the Dances When You Call Them Out
- Rapper Arrested By Feds for Rapping About his Stimulus Scam
- Michigan Governor appoints Chapman as Commissioner for MCOLES