The law firm of Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP has been retained in the Suge Knight case.
Mr. Knight is currently facing murder charges stemming from a January 29, 2015 incident taking place in Compton, California. (Los Angeles Superior Court, Case No. TA136401)
The Southern California-based law firm has successfully handled over 200 combined criminal jury trials and comes into the case after the departure of Attorney Thomas Meserau.
Attorney J. Tooson, Partner at the firm, commented on the case: “In addition to my Partner Jeremy Lessem and I speaking with Mr. Knight at length, we have also had the opportunity to view video of the incident. That said, we look forward to aggressively defending Mr. Knight’s innocence.
“We strongly caution anyone from rushing to judgment in this case based on Mr. Knight’s past. We believe the evidence will show that on the day in question, Mr. Knight was ambushed by several perpetrators armed with firearms. While under attack, Mr. Knight attempted to flee for his life.”
Attorney Thaddeus Culpepper will remain on the case as co-counsel in addition to Attorney Antoine Williams who will be a key member of the new defense team. Lessem, Newstat & Tooson, LLP anticipates this matter going to a jury trial.
- Police Chief Resigns After Study Finds Half of Town’s Revenue Come from Speed Trap
- 1 year old California Baby Dies After Being Diagnosed With COVID: Case Rate In Children Reaches New Records
- Audacy Names New Brand Manager
- Audacy Names New Operations Manager
- Kobe and Gianna Bryant Bronze Statue Placed At Fatal Crash Site
- Pittsburgh Bridge Collapses Injuring 10 Just Hours Before Biden Is Scheduled To Visit And Discuss Infrastructure
- Rushion McDonald’s Money Making Conversations Guide to Success, Free Guide (link)
- Maryland Mayor Found Dead from Apparent Suicide
- Journalist Attacked In Mexico After Three Others Were Killed This Month: More Than 90% of Murders Of Journalists Remain Unresolved
- Frustrated and Abusive, The Sad Story of the DeBarge’s Father Robert DeBarge Sr.,